Study room is a place where one sits peacefully to concentrate on studies. This room should be located at proper place and direction followed by vastu principles. The vibration in this room creates unseen noise making it unpleasing and if the directions of books, table are placed accordingly, this room will always give you peace and knowledge.
- The study room should be placed either in the Northeast/East or West side of the house and utmost importance shall be given to natural light even if we have to compromise the direction for it.
- Students must face East/North while studying much similar to prayer room as North and East are considered best directions for concentration and meditation.
- A beam should never run above your head while studying. This theory in vastu is also complimented by feng shui and psychology theories whereien and heavy item above you or any pointed object pointing you makes you uneasy and disturbs while concentrating and sleeping.
- The study room should be well lit and one should not face a blank wall or a window while studying.
- The book rack should be made on the Southern or the Western wall.
- The book shelf should not be planned above the study table. As per common needs shelves are nowadays preferred over study table due to ease in use, in such case, the shelves should not be very deep so as to project over the student.
- The shape of the study table should preferably be rectangular.
- The study table should not be attached to the wall .It should be at least 3-4 inches away from it as per vastu. However, as per current usage way, this may not be very feasible, it is indeed more suitable if the wall in front of study is finished with pin board or white board so that it doesn’t look like blank wall and is maintained better.
- If the learner makes use of the Table lamp then the lamp should be kept in the Southeast corner of the desk.
- A pyramid can be kept near study table as it balances the energy and increase the remembering power.
- A pendulum clock, if kept, should be put on the North wall of the room. It is however, preferable to keep a silent clock.
- The windows should be larger on the eastern side and smaller on the western side of the room.
Use light/neutral colour scheme for better learning power.