Entrance of a house is given much importance in vastu as it effects the whole house, flow of energies and makes a lasting impression.
All the negative and positive energies are controlled by entrance and which is why is important to locate main gate in proper direction to maintain well-being and prosperity in house. Vastu tips for entrance are:
- Entrance of house is best in North and East sides.
- Entrance gate should be heavier, stronger and bigger than other doors of house.
- Keep the entrance clutter free and tidy to make the surrounding positive.
- Entrance of a house should never be dark and ensure that this place is well lit throughout.
- Avoid keeping garbage or dustbin near the entrance.
- Main gate should not face intersecting roads. If the plot faces intersecting roads, it is advisable to keep entry in different direction.
- There should not be any obstruction in the entrance gate with things like poles, tree, wires and vehicles.
- Main door should always open inwards.
- Entrance of house should not face temple.
- Avoid any under-water or septic tanks under the main entrance.
- Lift of building should not face entrance.
- No wall should obstruct in front of main gate.
- Avoid self-closing door.
- Best material for main gate is real wood (preferably Teak) as metal is considered to be an obstruction to positive energies.