A west facing plot is average for residential purposes. However, it is auspicious for businessmen, specially for entertainment business, such as cinemas, clubs and pubs.
- The compound wall can be either higher or lower than the main door.
- If the rain water exit is only from front, it should be harvested as much as possible.
- Main gate being in the west and verandah in the front portion, it is necessary to shade the front properly and preferably do not erect boundary wall.
- Build a part of house near to the boundary, preferably on southern side for good results.
- Heap of stone, mound or heavy landscape on front lawn is advisable as per vastu.
- Main and other doors facing west give good results.
- Big trees in west ensure prosperity and peace of mind.
- Open spaces in front should be properly shaded, as according to vastu front of house should be open but on contradiction, west of plot should be least open.
- Floor of the central area should not be lower compared to rest of the house.
- The courtyard and the verandah being low are not advisable.
- The west main door must not face south-west, if so it should be revised or shaded.