A North-east facing plot is considered best for residential and other purposes. This direction receives the best of morning solar energy and positive energy defined as ‘prana’. For this reason North-east (Ishaan) is considered auspicious and most appropriate for entry, meditation and open space.
- Have the main door at North-east (Ishaan) to have good results.
- Water source and lower ground level in north-east is considered good as per vastu.
- Slope towards front (east or North) is considered good
- Rain water or water from house flowing out through north-east is good.
- Front in North-east facing plots should be kept open with setback. Vastu guides to keep North-east openness maximum and south-west openness minimum.
- The floor at front should be kept lower than rest of house.
- The gate and boundary wall shall be kept lower than top of Entry door.
- Water body and clutter-free lawn is recommended in front setback in North-east facing house
- The North-east verandah should be ideally kept open and free from clutter